Hadoop Summit Europe 2015 Call for Abstracts is now OPEN!
The Hadoop Summit organizing committee invites you to submit an abstract for the 2015 event. Be part of this exciting event that has experienced tremendous growth since it was launched in Europe two years ago.
The 2015 tracks include:
- Committer Track
- Data Science & Hadoop
- Hadoop Governance, Security & Operations
- Hadoop Access Engines
- Applications of Hadoop and the Data Driven Business
- The Future of Apache Hadoop
Submission deadline is December 5, 2014
Sessions will be selected in a two-fold process:
All submitted abstracts will be available to the public to vote on which sessions they most want to see at Hadoop Summit. Anyone can vote. The top vote-getters in each track will automatically be added to the Hadoop Summit agenda.
Submitted abstracts will be reviewed by a committee of industry influencers from a variety of different companies. There will be a separate selection committee for each track. Committees will review the content and select the sessions they feel will be most valuable and well attended by attendees.
By submitting an abstract, you are confirming that if selected, you have gained the necessary approvals, are able to travel to Brussels, and have the authority to present on the proposed topic. All selected speakers will be provided a free, All-Access pass for Hadoop Summit. Travel and hotel are your responsibility.
Tips for submitters:
- Sessions are 40-minutes in length. Make sure you can cover the proposed topic in that timeframe.
- Product pitches will not be selected by the committees. Don’t bother submitting if your goal is sales/marketing your product.
- Think about your audience. When you submit, you’ll be asked whether your content is geared towards a technical or business audience. Be sure you are providing appropriate content for that audience.
- A good proposal will outline what attendees will learn by attending your session. Think about how you, personally, make decisions on which sessions to attend and use that to help sell your abstract.
- Pick the right track for your content. Each track will have a separate set of reviewers who will be choosing content that fits the description. Don’t assume that the content reviewers will pass along an abstract that doesn’t fit their track.
- Do not submit an abstract to the Hadoop Committers track unless you are a Hadoop committer. Non committer submissions will be excluded.
- Do not submit an abstract unless you have gained the necessary approvals, are able to travel to Brussels, and have the authority to present on the proposed topic should your abstract be selected.