Hadoop Summit, the leading conference for the Apache Hadoop community, is coming to Europe. This two-day event will feature many of the Apache Hadoop thought leaders who will showcase successful Hadoop use cases, share development and administration tips and tricks, and educate organizations about how best to leverage Apache Hadoop as a key component in their enterprise data architecture. It will also be an excellent networking event for developers, architects, administrators, data analysts, data scientists and vendors interested in advancing, extending or implementing Apache Hadoop.
Meet the Presenters & Chairs
Check out the interviews with some of the most interesting Hadoop Summit presenters and track chairs:
- Clemens Neudecker of the National Library of the Netherlands and Sven Schlarb of the Austrian National Library (interview)
- Alasdair Anderson of HSBC (interview)
- Mikhail Petrenko of Adobe (interview)
- Jason Dai of Intel (interview)
- Steve Watt of Red Hat (interview)
- Joydeep Sen Sarma of Qubole (interview)
- Evert Lammerts, Track Chair, Operating Hadoop (interview)
- Isabel Drost, Track Chair, Applied Hadoop (interview)
- Lars George, Track Chair, Integrating Hadoop (interview)
- Steve Loughran, Track Chair, Hadoop Futures (interview)
The community has voted, and the results are in!
Congratulations to the speakers whose Lightning Talks were selected:
- Smart Metering x Hadoop x Frost: A Smart Elephant Enabling Massive Time Series Analysis with Marie-luce Picard & Benoit Grossin, EDF France
- Vanilla- Business Intelligence Inside Hadoop – Patrick Beaucamp, BPM Counseil
- Videodoop- A Content Based Video Retrieval System – Rohit Konderkar, IBM Research
- Making the Impossible Use Cases Possible: Pluggable Sort in Hadoop – Keith Kohl, Syncsort Incorporated
- The Elephant Give back- Marco Mancuso, Predigo
- High Speed Continuous & Reliable Data Ingest into Hadoop – Oleg Zhurakousky & Tom McCuch, Hortonworks
- YARN beyond Map/Reduce – Andreas Neuman, Continuuity
- Patterns and Anti-Patterns When Using Hadoop with Apache Cassandra - Jeremy Hanna, Datatax
- Combining Real-Time Search with Big Data with Costin Leau, Elastic Search
Hadoop Summit Party @ Heineken Experience!
Wednesday, March 20
Reception Time: 1930 hours to 2200 hours
The Heineken Experience is a must-see attraction of Amsterdam. The Heineken Experience is all about Heineken, from the history of the Heineken family, to the full process of beer making and of course trying out some samples!! It takes about one and a half hours to get around the whole Experience and includes lots of interactive activites including being brewed like a beer.
The site of the former brewery where Heineken’s premium quality was brewed for a hundred years, the building has been transformed into a sensational interactive tour through the dynamic world of Heineken. For one night only, Hadoop Summit will take over the attraction. Come enjoy the experience, and a sensational glass of beer, with your fellow Hadoopers.