We are just two weeks away from first ever Hadoop Summit Europe! With all of the final preparations coming together we thought we would highlight some of the not to be missed activities in and around the event.
Here are 10 great reasons to attend!
1) Great track content – there are 35 informative sessions on Apache Hadoop and related technologies for you to choose from selected by the community and delivered by the experts themselves.
2) Great keynotes – leading industry analyst Matt Aslett will present the opening keynote and we will also hear from open source veteran Shaun Connolly as well as Hortonworks CTO Eric Baldeschwieler.
3) Hadoop in the enterprise expert panel – we will have a live panel discussion from industry leaders discussing how and why they use Apache Hadoop so you can learn from real world deployments.
4) Meetups – the NLHUG and other communities will be meeting around the event.
5) Lightening talks – we’ve got rapid fire content coming to you in the form of community selected lightening talks. These 5 minute sessions will give you a taste of a wide range of technologies and initiatives.
6) It’s Amsterdam – historic, edgy and fun!
7) Ecosystem – the conference has the support of the broader Hadoop ecosystem so you can come and discuss Hadoop and big data in the solutions showcase.
8) Community – the Apache Hadoop community is big and getting bigger. Come meet and mingle with other community members to learn about the latest goings on and make new connections.
9) Get certified – Calling all Hadoop Experts! We’re bringing certification to you! If you are ready to take the exam to become a Hortonworks Certified Apache Hadoop Developer (HCAHD) or a Hortonworks Certified Apache Hadoop Administrator (HCAHA) you can do it as part of the Summit.
10) Get trained – we’ve got a host of classes available during the event to help you learn or sharpen your Hadoop skills. This includes a newly added Applying Data Science class. Check out the classes.
11) BONUS reason – have a beer on us at the Hadoop Summit Party at the Heineken Experience a cool venue at a historic location.
We hope to see you in Amsterdam!